Sunday, October 6, 2013

Oh October

We live in between two great rivers. If I can't live near the ocean, at least I know I am completely surrounded by water that runs to it.

In Saint Charles, they have festivals all year round on the bank of the Missouri River. Last weekend was Oktoberfest - evidence of the German heritage a lot of this area is built on. I don't feel like I identify with German culture very well, but it was festive enough. ;)


Lederhosen.. Um pa pa.. free candy.. Wood carvings..

And a street full of organ grinders!



I know a lot of people really love October. The weather gets cooler, the leaves change color, and there are a lot of festivities going on.. But I really don't like October, actually. It's a sad month for me. Summer starts to die, and we begin the long descent into winter. I am perfectly fine in climates that don't really have big distinctions between their seasons. It's hard to see summer turn to fall and fall turn to winter. But I am glad for these random festivities. Maybe they make it a little better ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment