Monday, September 16, 2013

Lovely CA

I spent some time at the beginning of this month in California, where I'm originally from... There were too many years in which, for whatever reason, I wasn't able to come back and visit.. and that was a sad thing for me. I'm trying to put an end to that, and luckily David is growing to share my love of this place. :)

Here's a quick summary of our week in pictures...

Day 1:

We flew in to Long Beach, and immediately hopped into a rental care and drove to San Diego. For some reason, when we were booking the trip, we didn't realize that we would be arriving on Labor Day weekend... oops. So a 1.5 or 2 hour drive took around.. 4 hours. But I love driving down the PCH, so it was all good.




We stopped at Carlsbad for one of the most incredible sunsets I've ever seen



Day 2: 

We spent the morning at historic Old Town San Diego, which is such a perfect blend of Californian and Mexican history and culture. Plus, delicious churros ;)




In the afternoon we went out to La Jolla Cove. It was packed, packed packed (Labor Day Weekend), but I wanted to go snorkeling. Between cutting my legs and feet on all the sharp rocks, jumping along seacliffs, and trying to dodge seals, it was absolutely fantastic. Next time I'll bring water shoes.


We made it out to Pacific Beach that night, but I didn't have a camera on me. I just got to spend time with the ocean, which is an essential in my life that doesn't happen enough. 

Day 3

We went out to Pacific Beach again in the morning, but a storm was rolling in, so it was really gray and chilly.. so we decided to go ahead and roll on out to Palm Springs. We got a pretty good Groupon for a spa out there... but we're not really used to being around classy people or fancy stuff, so it was kind of funny. 

We drove out to Joshua Tree National Park, but made it there just as the sun was going down.. So we just ran around and took pictures and headed back.
(Driving)


Day 4

We drove from Palm Springs, straight out to Orange County. Went Kayaking, and then out to Huntington Beach. Huntington is one of my favorite beaches ever, and I'm not even sure why. But my feelings were confirmed when we went into Jamba Juice and were able to get smoothies for a dollar with a student discount, and they started throwing free t-shirts at us...


(To be continued...)









No comments:

Post a Comment